Saturday, February 27, 2010

Quickie NBI Renewal Kiosk at Megamall

You would usually see a lot of people queued up to the top floor of SM Megamall only to find them renewing their NBI clearance. I was one of those unfortunate few who had to go all the way up to the 5th floor since D needed my clearance as part of his requirements in the marriage package. Coming from a night shift, I did everything I could to stay up -- counted the minutes when the line budged, tried to listen songs off my iPod, and counted the flight of steps. It was about 10 or 11AM when I came and imagine how exhausting the heat could get during this time.

But really, it didn't take that long for me to have the entire thing done, and how relieved I was that they didn't have lunch breaks. If my memory serves me right, it took about 30-45 minutes from top floor all the way down to the basement. With eyes already droopy and so wanting to go home, getting the piece of paper was all that mattered.

Just yesterday, I once again had to embark the same routine as I need this as part of my  Japan visa requirements as well as for my US CR1 visa to be presented during my final interview, and to my surprise this was what I saw at around 5:00pm:
Note: The people seated are maybe just resting

Maybe not everyone knows that they serve the public from 10:00am UNTIL 6:30pm. (**UPDATE: They are ONLY OPEN from Mon-Fri). Anyway, the entire thing took me barely 5 minutes (walking down the basement included!) since there were like 2-3 people lined up. So when renewing your NBI clearance, it is more comfortable to do it outside office hours.

So each time I needed to renew, it had to be 4:30 onwards to avoid that dreaded long line! I tried renewing at around 4PM and had reached the first flight of steps at least.

Remember, NBI Kiosks such as the one in Megamall only processes renewals only on weekdays (Mon-Fri from mall opening till 6PM). New applicants should go directly to the head office or satellite offices. Make sure to bring your personal copy of the old NBI clearance and prepare PHP115.00. Kiosks accepts renewal of clearance applied from 1998 to present provided that barcode is still clear and readable by the computer. They could accept changes only in address and purpose of clearance.

For changes in NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and PLACE OF BIRTH, you are advised to come personally at the NBI Clearance Center or in any NBI Satellite Office to fill-up a new application form and attach a photocopy of your birth certificate (source: NBI). There is actually 1 satellite office in Mandaluyong city hall complex. To read my NBI experience at the Mandaluyong City hall, click here.

Having the task done, I was able to spend more leisure time for myself. I so missed Japan so I decided to have this as my late-lunch-early-dinner meal:

I know right? Bento meals here are not be as good as the ones I had during my trip, but it would have to do. I just found the Fuji Apple sauce in my Tonkatsu a little too strong for my taste, and the meat was not tender at all. I am not having it again.

Don't get me wrong, maybe it was a bad batch. I did still find the veggies buttery just as I like it. Maybe it's just me and my taste. So there!

For more information about securing your NBI clearance, visit http://www.nbi.gov.ph/faq.htm



wedding planning guide

7 comments:

  1. hi there. is NBI they open 7 days a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi anon!

    i've been hearing that they're open on saturdays (not sure about sundays, though).. but definitely they're open from 10am-6:30pm on weekdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. question: How long before the NBI clearance expires?

    Please help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heizal,

    NBI clearance for local employment is renewable every 6 months while for travel abroad is good for 1 year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my NBI clearance renewal at Victory Mall, Caloocan, and it was also quite fast. You just have to be there as early as possible. Of course, I didn't forget the old clearance as this is the sole requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO I NEED TO BRING THE CEDULA?IF IM GONNA TAKE THE RENEWAL ONLY?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, may i know what is their cut off time for the renewal?
    tnx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

it works!

Archive

 

burberry cheesecake...a slice of life! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates